How and why multistream Live Events to your Facebook page, Instagram profile, or custom RTMP platform
- Why multistream?
- Adding platforms for restreaming
- Multistream to Instagram using Yellow Duck
- Multistream to Facebook
- Multistreaming to custom platforms with RTMP injection
- Starting the Multistreaming Live Event on the Stream Sage platform
NOTE: To multistream, you have first to create a Live Event, you can read about it here.
Multistreaming allows you to reach more people with the same content and build engagement among different platforms. This is a perfect way to promote your Live Event widely and communicate to your viewers that joining Live Event on Stream Sage will give them the best shopping experience.
Adding platforms you want to multistream to
- To add new platforms you want to restream your need to be in live event view.
- Choose the Multistreaming tab from the left side menu.
- Click + Add target and choose the platform you would like to share your stream to.
Multistreaming to Instagram using Yellow Duck
- We recommend using Yellow Duck an app that allows you to stream content from your desktop straight to your Instagram account.
- First, you have to download and install Yellow Duck. You can use their guides for macOS and Windows.
- Open the Yellow Duck app and log in with your Instagram account.
- You will see your stream key and RTMP URL for your Instagram account. Copy them into the Add target view in the Stream Sage platform and Save.
- When all configuration is done you can Start event in the Stream Sage platform and it will automatically restream to your Instagram account.
Note: Remember that as soon as your login passes you have a few minutes to start streaming since the stream key will expire in a few minutes.
Multistreaming to Facebook
- Go to your Facebook account and choose to publish a Live video.
- Select Go live and choose Streaming software as a video source.
- Click Advanced Settings and now copy both the Stream key and Server URL and paste it into the Add target view in Stream Sage platform, click Save.
- Finish the live event configuration on Facebook and prepare to Go live.
- After you Start Event on the Stream Sage platform you will have up to 5 hours to go live on Facebook. Don’t forget about it because your stream key is only valid for your current stream.
Multistreaming to custom platforms with RTMP injection
- You can multistream to all the different platforms that allow injecting RTMP protocol within their websites (for example services like Twitch, YouTube Live, and Periscope).
- The only thing you will need to get from those websites are Steam Key and RTMP URL, after that you paste them into the Add target view in the Stream Sage console.
Starting the Multistreaming Live Event on the Stream Sage platform
- When the configuration for all platforms is done you can Start event and for Yellow Duck and Instagram it will automatically stream to your Instagram account, whilst on Facebook, you have to remember to press Go live on the portal.
- It’s the same approach with the Ending event, first on Stream Sage, then on Facebook - don’t forget to End Live Video on Facebook.